Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 6/26/12

Last week I was reading Bitten, this week I'm reading Stolen, book 2 in Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series.

When a young witch tells Elena that a group of humans are kidnapping supernaturals, Elena ignores the warning. After all, everyone knows there’s no such thing as witches. As for the thought of other ‘supernaturals’, well, she’d just rather not dwell on the possibility. Soon, however, she’s confronted with the truth about her world, when she’s kidnapped and thrown into a cell-block with witches, sorcerers, half-demons and other werewolves. As Elena soon discovers, dealing with her fellow captives is the least of her worries. In this prison, the real monsters carry the keys.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

I managed to pull my belly off the ground and hauled myself into the narrow crevice between the foot of the bed and the wall, the one place where Winsloe couldn't see me. I wedged into the tiny space, tucked my tail under me, and surrendered to the pain.

5 comments:

  1. I've read Bitten two years ago and remember liking it. I just got Stolen and I hope to get to it soon.

    Here's my teaser: http://vonniesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesdays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are enjoying Stolen! I read it a few years ago and enjoyed it. :)

    Here is my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tucked my tail... interesting. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy it! I'm a huge Kelley Armstrong fan, and Elena is one of her best heroines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moreover, there is a thriving forum that you can mix and match your food ingredients and
    the recipes as well. The Institute for Justice, which on its websitedefends Cooksey's positionCooksey told The New York Times article on the topic, I didn't
    find a lot.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage low carb recipes

    ReplyDelete