Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 8/14/12

What am I reading right now? Oh, that's right. Animorphs! I'm having a crisis of... age... and I've decided to go back to my reading roots. Also, I was insanely curious as to how these books would withstand the test of time. Turns out they're still awesome. This teaser comes from book 7.

The fight for the planet continues in this gripping installment. The Animorphs must make an exacting choice. The last time Rachel and her friends entered the giant Yeerk pool beneath their town things went very bad. This time they plan to be careful, and sneak in as roaches, just to spy. Once they're inside, though, the team gets caught. But right as things are looking their most dire, everything stops. Everything. Then Rachel and the Animorphs hear a voice. It belongs to a very old, very powerful being, and it says it can save them. But if it does, the Earth will be defenseless.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

"I knew you were coming," the future Rachel said. "After all, I was you. Once I stood right where you stand now, and looked just like you look now, and saw myself as I am today."

6 comments:

  1. I am a new follower, and that book looks interesting, hope you enjoy it.
    Here is my post, come on by
    Teaser Tuesday Tuesday & Tuesday Intros Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow. Animorphs. Haven't seen those around in ages. They are pretty cool :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever read Animorphs, but I definitely remember this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I remember Animorphs (and the short lived TV show)! Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I tagged you in the Lucky 7 meme :) http://onceuponatimelit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/lucky-7-round-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My school library used to be full of these books but I never got around to reading one. Maybe now I will..
    Was blog hopping when I found your blog, am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete