Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - 2/10/15


Photo credit: Goodreads

I just checked this out from the library, so technically I haven't even started reading it yet, but I will soon. It's been on my to-read list for a while, and I'm looking forward to finally getting to it.

It is the world of the near future, and Offred is a Handmaid in the home of the Commander and his wife. She is allowed out once a day to the food market, she is not permitted to read, and she is hoping the Commander makes her pregnant, because she is only valued if her ovaries are viable. Offred can remember the years before, when she was an independent woman, had a job of her own, a husband and child. But all of that is gone now...everything has changed.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

We slept in what had once been the gymnasium. The floor was of varnished wood, with stripes and circles painted on it, for the games that were formerly played there; the hoops for the basketball nets were still in place, though the nets were gone.

3 comments:

  1. Good teaser, but I tried reading this but just couldn't get into it so gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book before. That cover is intriguing:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/10/teaser-tuesdays-101-night-carnival/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds good! I'd heard of it, but I hadn't made an effort to read it. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete