Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - 1/12/16


Photo credit: Amazon

I don't know if anyone else out there watches "The Librarians" on TNT, but I'm completely addicted to it. I fell in love with it when it first premiered in November of 2014, and I think I've watched every episode of its two seasons at least twice. The only problem I have with it is that it only airs for ten episodes.

So once the second season finale aired a couple weeks ago, I've been jones-ing for books and/or other shows that are just like it. Some online research led me to a series called The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman. The books are on the young side of YA and the characters/stories are a little flat, but the world she created is just so interesting that I've been breezing through them. I'm on book 3 now, but I''m going to put the summary and teaser from book 1. All three books follow different characters and different objects, but they all revolve around the New York Circulating Material Repository.

Elizabeth has just started working as a page at the New York Circulating Material Repository - a lending library of objects, contemporary and historical, common and obscure. And secret, too - for in the repository's basement lies the Grimm Collection, a room of magical items straight from the Grimm Brother's fairy tales. But the magic mirrors and seven-league boots and other items are starting to disappear. And before she knows it, she and her fellow pages - handsome Marc, perfect Anjali, and brooding Aaron - are suddenly caught up in an exciting, and dangerous, magical adventure.​

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Then hit up A Daily Rhythm to add your link.

And the teaser:

This had to be the strangest interview I'd ever heard of. Was I going to lose the job because Dr. Rust didn't like the way I sorted buttons?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I'll look into it for sure. Thanks for sharing. Here's my intro/teaser: wp.me/p3Nz8P-A9

    ReplyDelete